FileMaker recently launched their free resource site the FileMaker Community, and with it came a nice new and easy to use website. If you were one of the 60,000-plus current member of TechNet, you will automatically gain access to the FileMaker Community
FileMaker Community key features include:
- Technical Documentation
- Sales Tools
- Developer News
- Technical Resource Library
- Developer Discussion Forum
Also, there is the FileMaker Developer Subscription, where for $99 a year you have exclusive access to:
- Pre-Release FileMaker Software (when available) wink* wink*
- A download of the latest official FileMaker Training Series (FTS)
- FileMaker Server Development License (limited to 3 simultaneous clients)
What really stands out to me in the FileMaker Community is the resources. Under the Resources Tab, you will find:
- Videos: This includes product, webinar and DevCon videos to learn more about FileMaker and how to become a great developer.
- Examples and Tools: This shows specifics in developing that may help you in certain situations as you are developing.
- Briefs: Digs even deeper on FileMaker concepts and features.
- Product Documentation: Documents include FileMaker Pro 13 User Guide to how to update versions and up to FileMaker Server 13 Custom Web Publishing with XML and PHP.
Discussions and Forums are of course still available in the FileMaker Community, but the different options and routes are incredible. You can jump to “Certified Discussions” for advanced discussions with developers or simply ask a question in a specific category or even take a poll or create a video. All of these different options can be found under the Discussions Tab.
The end goal for FileMaker Community is to “deliver the resources that people need to succeed in building and deploying FileMaker solutions in a single, searchable and engaging online spot.”
Whether you are new to FileMaker, or a long time developer, there is a place for everyone in the FileMaker Community.
Did you know we are an authorized reseller for Claris FileMaker Licensing?
Contact us to discuss upgrading your Claris FileMaker software.