FileMaker 14 Security
The new version of FileMaker 14 has overhauled the security settings to enhance your user experience. These are welcome additions that provide a more secure environment for all users.
Server 14 Changes
New to FileMaker Server 14 is the ability to specify a unique 4-digit PIN number. It is important to document and/or not forget your pin because it cannot be changed or retrieved. This pin can be now be used to reset the Admin Server password. This is done via the Command Line Interface with the resetpw feature.
Be careful, entering the wrong pin 5 consecutive times will disable the pin and require a reinstall to reset it.
Pro 14 Features
Keep In Mind
- Ports – You can only define the FileMaker Server 14 ports during installation.
- FMS Progressive Downloads – You now have the option of using HTTPS with progressive downloads from container fields.
- FMS SSL Certificate – You can now use the Admin Console to import a certificate from a trusted authority. Whereas FileMaker Server 13 required this to be done via the command line interface.
- File Options – Be sure to set the minimum version allowed to 14 otherwise someone with FileMaker 13 can circumvent the new security.
- Password Quality – FileMaker will now display your password quality as weak, moderate, or strong.
Did you know we are an authorized reseller for FileMaker Licensing?
Contact us to discuss upgrading your FileMaker software.